4 random things about Me
- I made wool felt applique pillows with embroidery thread and pinking sheers during a crafty stage that really, can’t be explained.
- I wanted to run a marathon because marathoners are amazing. Instead I ran triathlons because when you run as slowly as I run people don’t make as much fun of you if you’ve already swam and biked really far.
- I can’t just eat one piece of candy ever. I MEAN EVER!
- I was in a Hollywood Video commercial where I played a cashier and I said, “Have you seen Dances with Wolves?”
2 truths and a lie
- I went to college for creative writing.
- I took a class in college called Group Dynamics and thought it was a waste of time.
- My Nursing professor told me that she was afraid when I got out into the world of work that I would kill my patients.
My dog keeps me grounded because just when I think I’ve got a scene figured out he interrupts me and wants me to let him out. My kids do the same thing with texting.
I was terrified to send my newest novel to my agent.
When I read certain writers who were able to make me laugh and cry (Elizabeth Berg, Elizabeth Strout and Lorrie Moore) I felt like I was being heard. Like, maybe I could use language like they did and do to tell a story. I was inspired in a way nothing else has ever inspired me.
I only have one ritual. I wake up, drink coffee and start writing.
More about Ann on her bio page.
Love this! And I can relate to the part about reading just that “certain writer!”