Ten things about me:
- I was born in China, grew up in China, and immigrated to the U.S. when I was twenty four.
- I am the only one in my family who lives in this country, and the only one who speaks and writes in English.
- My favorite food is fish, and I like to see it with a head. I can’t be sure if it’s a fish if it doesn’t have a head.
- I’m very honest, to the point of being blunt – my best friend told me, and because of that, I’m called Not Very Chinese.
- I spoil my kids. I can’t stop it, and my kids know it too. Yesterday, my boy asked me to give him chores because he had no chores. (But his friends have them!)
- I like flowers, but I don’t like to plant them. All flowers I planted died on me!
- It took me ten years to write my debut novel The Moon in the Palace.
- I usually write at night when everyone is sleeping. The night makes me calm and focused.
- I also like to take a night walk. Call me a night walker!
- My favorite music is Debussy’s Clair du lune.
Read more about Weina on her bio page.
Please join Weina as she hosts Bloom this week.